Oven grilled chicken breast salad recipe
- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
This salad is a a main dish. Pan fried chicken breast on lettuce with garlic bread, a fresh and delicious meal.
London, England, UK
1 person made this
- For the chicken and salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50ml chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half, diced
- 1 head round lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 slices crusty white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:1hr marinating › Ready in:1hr30min
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, chicken stock, lemon juice and zest and green peppercorns. Add chicken and mix well to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and fry chicken, reserving the marinade, for 5-7 minutes until browned on all sides and no longer pink in the middle. Set aside.
- Set oven to grill.
- Pour marinade into the frying pan and simmer until reduced, about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile spread butter on one side of the bread slices and sprinkle with garlic. Broil for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy. Be careful not to burn them.
- Pour cooled lemon-pepper sauce in a big salad bowl and mix with mayonnaise, buttermilk, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add lettuce, tomato and chicken to the dressing and toss well to combine. Serve with warm garlic bread.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Best Oven Whole Chicken Recipes
Whole Roasted Turned Chicken In The Oven
Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken
French Roast Chicken Poulet Roti
How To Cook A Whole Baked Chicken An Oven Roasted Chicken
Oven Roasted Bbq Chicken The Best
Dutch Oven Whole Roast Chicken
Air Fryer Whole Chicken Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
How To Roast A Chicken The Ultimate Recipe Tips And More
Juicy Herb Butter Oven Roasted Chicken With Pan Gravy
Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken
The Best 3 Ingredient Roast Chicken Recipe Living On A
How To Make Perfect Roast Chicken Just 5 Minutes To Prep
Crispy Butterflied Roast Chicken
Thermopro Tp01b Instant Read Meat Thermometer With Long Probe Digital Food Cooking Thermometer For Grilling Bbq Smoker Grill Kitchen Oil Candy
/> The Best Sunday Roast Chicken
The Best Recipes And Ideas For Roasted Chicken Martha Stewart
Our 18 Best Roast Chicken Recipes Recipes From Nyt Cooking
Roast Split Chicken With Lemony Artichoke Sauce
One Hour Italian Roast Chicken Recipe
Kittencal S Best Juicy Whole Roasted Chicken
Lemony Herb Roast Chicken
Best Roasted Chicken Recipes Baked Chicken Dishes Food
How To Cook A Whole Chicken In An Instant Pot Fresh Or
Pot Roasted Chicken Recipe Fresh Tastes Blog Pbs Food
Roast Chicken Recipetin Eats
Step 1: Pound the Chicken
Place the chicken breasts in a 1-gallon freezer bag and pound to an even ½-inch thickness. This both tenderizes the meat and ensures even cooking. Left in their natural shape, the thin side of the fillet dries out while the thicker side finishes cooking. If you don’t have a meat mallet, a rolling pin or a saucepan will both work well.
Step 2: Make the Marinade
Lemon is a key ingredient in this marinade, but I only use the zest. Contrary to conventional wisdom, acidic ingredients (such as vinegar or lemon juice) do not tenderize lean boneless chicken breasts. Just the opposite: they “cook” the exterior of the meat and give it a leathery texture. The zest gives the chicken ample lemon flavor, without affecting the chicken’s succulent texture.
The best tool for zesting citrus is a fine or microplane grater. Simply rub the lemon in one direction against the blades, turning the lemon as you go. Be sure to remove only the yellow part the white pith underneath is bitter.
Once you’ve zested the lemon, mix all of the marinade ingredients except for the chicken together in a 1-gallon zip-lock bag (go ahead and use the same one you used for pounding if it is still in good shape).
Add the chicken breasts to the bag and massage the marinade into the meat until evenly coated.
Step 3: Marinate
Seal the bag and place in a bowl in the refrigerator (the bowl protects against leakage) let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step 4: Grill
When you’re ready to eat, preheat your grill to high heat and oil the grates (clean, oiled grates will give you the best grill marks). Be sure your grill is very hot before cooking the chicken you want nice grill marks and char in the short amount of time it takes to cook these. When pounded thin, chicken breasts only need 2 to 3 minutes per side…no more! If you try to flip the chicken and it feels stuck, try giving it 30 seconds. It’ll release naturally when it’s ready.
You’ll notice that the recipe calls for the grill to be covered while the chicken is cooking. This creates convection heat which helps give the chicken a nicely charred exterior and a tender, moist interior.
After removing the chicken from the grill, let it rest for 3 to 4 minutes before cutting into it. This will help keep the juices in and retain the meat’s moisture. (The timing is perfect as it’s just enough to get it onto plates, add sides, and put on the table).
While this chicken is best right off the grill, it’s also the kind of thing you can make a double batch of and freeze for future use in salads, pastas, and sandwiches.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Divide the garlic, parsley, thyme and lemon zest between 2 bowls. Add the juice of 1½ lemons to one of the bowls, followed by the mustard, yogurt, 2 tbsp water and 1½ tbsp oil whisk together to make a dressing. Season pop in the fridge.
- Stir the remaining 1½ tbsp oil into the second bowl season. Brush a little over the flatbreads, then arrange on a baking sheet. Brush more of the oil over the cut surfaces of the Little Gems and set aside.
- Lay the chicken breasts on a board, &lsquoopening&rsquo them up as much as possible. Bash the thickest parts gently with a rolling pin so the breasts are an even thickness. Add them to the second bowl and turn to coat.
- Heat a large griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Cook the chicken in a single layer for 3-4 mins each side, turning, until well-coloured and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and squeeze over the remaining lemon. Keep the pan on the heat and add the lettuce halves, cut side down. Cook for 1-2 mins until beginning to char, then transfer to a board.
- Bake the flatbreads for 7 mins until warmed through. Meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts crosswise into strips and stir the dressing well. Divide the flatbreads between serving plates and top with the lettuce, cucumber and chicken. Serve with the dressing and cheese.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
How To Cut A Pineapple | 1-Minute Video
I have mentioned on here many times before that I’m obsessed with buying a fresh pineapple every time I set foot in ALDI. And pineapple salsa is one of my favorite ways to use leftover pineapple (on the rare weeks when I actually have “leftovers”). I love making pineapple salsa as an appetizer with chips, I love adding it to fish tacos, but I especially love adding a few spoonfuls on top of a grilled piece of protein for a super easy dinner.
Yesterday, I went with good ol’ chicken. (I seem to be obsessed with chicken recipes this summer. Not sure what that’s about.) And for an extra treat, I added some avocado to my pineapple salsa.
Super delicious. Super easy. Super colorful. Super summery.
And hey! Even if it’s not summer, I buy ALDI pineapples year-round. So if you happen to be reading this in the dead cold of winter while dreams of summer plums and pool time are dancing in your head…just pick up a pineapple and make it happen.
I’m sharing the recipe for this Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Avocado Salsa over on ALDI’s blog today. So click on over to check it out. And happy grilling!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post I’m doing in my partnership with ALDI this year. You all know how much I love ALDI, but all opinions are 100% my own as always. Thanks for supporting the brands which help make this site and my pineapple-obsession possible.
- Liquids –Just good quality olive oil and fresh lemon juice today.
- Seasoning –Salt and pepper.
- Herbs –Dried oregano and dried basil. Also definitely include some freshly chopped green onion.
- Liquids –Just good quality olive oil and fresh lemon juice today.
- Seasoning –Salt and pepper.
- Herbs –Dried oregano and dried basil.
- Chicken –Breast boneless and skinless.
- Veggies –Romaine lettuce, avocado, English cucumber, chopped cocktail tomatoes, and diced bell pepper.
- Olives –Good old Kalamata olives, feel free to omit this ingredient if you’re not an olive fan.
- Feta –Crumbled up nicely to add some salt, tang, and creaminess to our salad.
HOW DOES THIS GRILLED CHICKEN MARINADE WORK?
This grilled chicken marinade tenderizes and flavors the chicken so all you have to do is marinate and cook! In order for a marinade to be effective, it must contain acid, fat, salt, sweetener and flavor enhancers. The combination of these elements ensures that the protein is juicy, succulent and flavorful from the inside out. Here’s how it works:
- FAT: the olive oil dissolves fat-soluble flavor compounds from the seasonings and other flavorings and injects them into the chicken. Fat also adds moisture and helps produce tender, juicy chicken.
- ACID: balsamic vinegar and lemon juice help tenderize the chicken by breaking down lean muscle fibers. They also boast layers of rich and tangy flavor.
- SALT: the soy sauce creates a brine, which increases the moisture capacity of the chicken, helping it become juicer and more flavorful. First, the salt hydrates the muscle tissues via osmosis second, it changes the cells’ structure so that they can no longer contract when cooking. This means less water will be squeezed out and lost, resulting in juicier protein. Finally, the brine draws the aromatic flavor further down below the surface into the protein and enhances all of the flavors. You can pile on herbs and seasonings but if a marinade is missing salt – it will taste bland.
- SWEETENER: brown sugar balances both the salt and the acid. It also promotes caramelization, quicker browning and beautiful grill marks.
- FLAVOR ENHANCERS: ingredients can vary, but this grilled chicken marinade includes Dijon, onion powder, garlic powder, dried herbs, red pepper and black pepper. These seasonings add the oomph and make it the “best” grilled chicken marinade!
Other Sides for Grilled Chicken
Usually I keep this pretty light when I have this dish and just pair the chicken with the roasted vegetables as I find it pretty filling. But if you like some more filling sides, then this really goes well with rice, pasta, potatoes, couscous etc.
Some of my favourite sides to pair with this are:
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potato
- Red Pepper and Coriander Rice
- Lime Cilantro Rice
- Crushed Roast Potatoes
- Garlic and Herb Potato Wedges
you could just serve with a big mixed salad and some avocado (another favourite side to add to this recipe) for a quick summer side.
How to prepare grilled chicken in the oven – Recipe at home
The best way to make homemade grilled chicken in the oven with an easy and complete recipe. If you are a fan of grilled chicken, you should know that you can make it yourself at home. Join Orshid to learn how to prepare grilled chicken. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to prepare grilled chicken in the oven.
Grilled chicken in the oven
To make grilled chicken in the oven, first wash the chicken and empty it inside the belly. Cut the extra pieces of chicken. Salt the inside of the chicken belly and add lemon juice and saffron to all parts of the chicken and put it in the refrigerator to Be tasty. Fill the inside of the chicken belly with tomatoes and bell peppers and then prepare the chicken in the same way and put it in the oven.
How to make grilled chicken in the oven
Ingredients for 4 people
- True chicken – 1 medium size (about 1500 grams)
- Brewed saffron – 1 cup 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 cup
- Butter – 50 grams (melted)
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Tomatoes – 1 medium
- Sweet pepper – 1 medium
- Flavoring spices – in the required amount
- Salt – as needed
How to prepare grilled chicken in the oven
First, turn on the oven at maximum temperature and let the oven heat up completely. Wash the chicken, empty and clean the inside of the chicken belly and put it in relatively warm water for 15 minutes until the blood inside the chicken is completely removed.
Then cut the neck and extra parts of the chicken wings with scissors. Mix 1 cup of saffron, spices and lemon juice and stir to make a one-handed sauce. Take the chicken out of the water and put it in the basket to drain the water. Make sure the chicken is completely dry.
Sprinkle salt all over the chicken and inside the belly. Then brush the surface and the chicken belly with lemon juice sauce. Repeat this several times, until the color and smell of the chicken is completely changed. Refrigerate the seasoned chicken for 10 minutes. During this time, pour the lemon juice sauce several times over the entire surface of the chicken and into its belly.
Divide the tomatoes in half and chop the bell peppers and garlic into large pieces. Once the chicken is fully flavored and discolored, remove from the refrigerator. Serve the chicken so that nothing of the sauce remains in the belly and does not cause bitterness. Fill the inside of the chicken belly with tomatoes and some garlic and chopped bell peppers.
Scrape the skin of the chicken slightly with the tip of a knife. So you can put some sauce, pepper and chopped garlic in it. Fill the chicken skin in different parts with the rest of the chopped pepper and garlic and a small amount of sauce.
Steps to prepare grilled chicken
Make a 4 cm slit at the end of one of the chicken legs and pass the other chicken leg through the slit. (This is to keep the chicken legs steady during cooking.) When the chicken legs are fixed, wrap two pieces of foil around the ends of the chicken legs so that they do not burn under direct heat.
The ends of chicken legs are free of meat and fat and burn very quickly due to heat. After performing all the above steps, tie the chicken with a thick piece of yarn and fix it completely. Pour some lemon juice over the whole surface of the chicken again. Place the chicken on the oven skewer and place in a special place.
Turn on the grill flame and set the skewer to rotating. Every 15 minutes, cover the surface of the chicken with a mixture of melted butter and 1 tablespoon of brewed saffron with a kitchen brush. So that it does not dry out and becomes completely flavored and crunchy. It takes about 3 hours to fully cook the chicken with this method. This time can be more or less depending on the type of chicken.
You can make sure you cook it by dipping a fork or knife into the chicken. When the chicken is well cooked, gently remove the chicken from the skewer. Separate the yarn around it and the foils and serve in a suitable dish. It is better to serve the grilled chicken immediately after taking it out of the oven so that it does not become leathery and stretchy.
For this purpose, prepare the serving dish and its leftovers before removing the chicken from the oven.
Tips for roasting chicken in the oven
Tip: Choose chicken that has healthy skin without tears so that the chicken is cooked evenly at the end. When you put the chicken in the oven, you certainly do not need to light the bottom flame by turning on the grill flame. So there is no need to mention the oven temperature.
Just make sure the oven is already hot. First, set the grill flame on a high flame to collect the chicken. Then set the flame to medium so that the chicken is completely cooked. Suitable spices for this dish can be as follows: garlic powder, red pepper powder, chicken seasoning, a little turmeric, nutmeg powder and a very small amount of coriander seeds.
If any of the above ingredients are not available, you can remove it from the mix. Covering the surface of the chicken with salt before performing the other steps is quite effective in the final taste of the chicken. This makes the chicken crispy and tasty. It also makes the chicken cook faster. It is better to use green bell pepper.
Colored peppers taste relatively sweeter than green and have a slightly different aroma. When serving, remove the ingredients from the belly and under the skin of the chicken and discard.
What you need to know about chicken
People who want to reduce the amount of fat in their diet can use chicken. Also, chicken breast is less fat than thighs.
The selenium in chicken can not be ignored, this mineral plays an important role in improving the function of the immune system. Therefore, chicken soup is recommended for people with colds or infectious diseases to strengthen their immune system.
Niacin in white meat can also fight cancer and prevent genetic damage.
Chicken is not only a rich source of vitamin B3, but also a good source of vitamin B6. This good combination of B vitamins introduces chicken as a useful food to provide energy to the body’s metabolism. Because these two vitamins are involved in the body’s metabolic reactions.
Another homemade method of grilling chicken is juicy grilled chicken under the brick. You can learn the recipe for this method in its article.
How To Make Perfect Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Simply mix the mayonnaise, mustard, and paprika.
- Brush it over the chicken.
- Grill over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes per side.
That’s it! You’ll be amazed at how this power-packed seasoning glaze flavors and tenderizes the chicken breasts.
Make sure to let your cooked chicken rest for 5 minutes before cutting into the breasts.