Confetti Lentils with Sockeye Salmon
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This sockeye salmon recipe is a great option for a weeknight—it's done before you know it.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, shredded on a box grater
- 1 medium celery root, peeled, shredded on box grater
- 1 medium onion, shredded on a box grater
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups French green lentils
- 4 6-oz. fillets wild sockeye salmon with skin
- French green lentils are available at specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery root, onion, and 2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in lentils. Pour in 3 3/4 cups boiling water and bring to a boil once more. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender but retain their shape, 20-30 minutes. Season with more salt, if desired. (Do not drain excess liquid; lentils remain tender better if stored in their cooking liquid.) To serve, use a slotted spoon or mesh strainer.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Season salmon fillets with salt. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Place fillets, skin side down, in skillet. Cook until skin is crisp and lightly browned, then turn fillets over and place skillet in oven. Roast until salmon is just opaque in center, about 5 minutes.